Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hawaii Five-Lowe Part III

The Big Guy Lowe and I take vacations very seriously.

Really, we do.

We seriously believe that vacations are there to be enjoyed and not over-scheduled.  We recognize that there are many things that can be done...things that are great and talked about by lots of people,  We just have no desire to try and race around checking things off of a list.  We kept reassuring grandparents that all we were really planning on doing was playing at the beach and the pool.  We wanted to do one or two other things, but we weren't planning on venturing out much past that.  We did let them know that we had no problem if they wanted to go and do things without us though.  Everyone has their idea of how they want to spend vacations, and we say "more power to you!"  ENJOY!!

With that being explained, the grandparents decided to drive into Honolulu Thursday to do some shopping.  While they were shopping, we had a great day at the pool with the boys.  It was very low-key.  The boys took much needed naps and The Big Guy Lowe and I even had some quiet time--who would've known that could happen on a family vacation!

Later in the day, a few puzzles were brought out.  What better place than a beautiful lanai to work on a puzzle?  The first was completed by D and grandpa.
Success!
I can't believe I didn't get a picture of the other puzzle.  It took a few days and was pretty tricky.  I'll see if someone else has a picture.  Why did we do puzzles?  You can't spend every minute in the water--or can you?  Hmmm.  Seems that the boys were ready to get back in!!
Love these boys!
Eating outside in Hawaii really is the perfect way to eat.  We had so much fun cooking all the foods that we liked. The house was so well appointed with everything you would need.  It made cooking a lot of fun.  Never before has watermelon, pineapple or "candy apple" bananas tasted so good!  Hmmm, maybe I should also add Filet Mignon, Chinese noodles, Eggs Benedict, Marinated Flank Steak, Hamburgers, Grilled Chicken...the list goes on.  Good food always makes vacations better! 
After dinner it was time to play once again!
Another wonderful day in paradise!

No comments: