Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday D!!

Today D turns 4 years old!!  Yahoo!  If you ask him how old he is, he will answer by saying "I'm one, two, three, four!"  I can't believe it's been four years since he has been in our home!

Four years ago, I was a happy new mom of our second boy!  What a happy day!
Our little D was such a mellow, good natured baby.  What a little joy!
His older brother, G, was so excited to be a big brother. 
His daddy was so excited to have another son to love.
And today he is 4 years old!

Happy birthday D!!

To start off his day, we had a breakfast of a cereal of his choice.
He was pretty happy with his choice before he started eating them.
But he didn't finish them after a few bites.  Only J liked them, the other two boys didn't.  I couldn't help but be kind of happy about that.  Good bye Fruity Pebbles.
After breakfast, we headed out to church as this birthday landed on a Sunday.  We would be celebrating at dinner time.

Every time I would ask D what kind of a birthday he wanted, he would give me a different answer.  It seems he is at an age where he is very easily influenced by his older brother!  He finally decided on a Star Wars/space theme.  His cake reflected that with a StarWars ship flying by a few planets.
We had Lahp for dinner and invited all our family and Gary and Sue over to celebrate.
It took two tries, but he got the candles blown out!
He was a pretty happy 4-year-old.
We divided the cake by what color planet the kids wanted to eat.
I made a few blackberry crisps for the adults to eat.  We used the blackberries that the boys and I picked a few days earlier!!  Mmmmm.
Presents started out with a strange gift from Grammie and Grandpa HB.
It was a vase of flowers...until the flowers were taken off the top and a beautiful fish was revealed!
We added the new fish to our aquarium.
A beautiful Beta fish.  We had researched what fish are compatible with this fighting fish, and luckily all of ours were.  The only questionable tank-mate is the aquatic frog.  I couldn't find any info on that combination!  We'll see how they do!
Then it was on to the rest of the presents!  MANY LEGOS!!!
Transformers from Gary and Sue!
And fun all around!
Then the kids were able to go outside and play with some squirt guns.
We love you D!  Happy 4th Birthday!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

it's amazing to look back on the pics taken at birth and realize they still look like them!! i was randomly looking at hospital pics of owen and you still see him!! same w/ "d!" love you guys!

kristenhcubed said...

Happy Birthday, little guy! Oh, sorry, BIG guy.