Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hawaii Five-Lowe Part I

Earlier in the year, The Big Guy Lowe and I had the wonderful opportunity of going to Maui together.  We had a wonderful time and came home with a strong desire to go back with our family.  The long and short of it was we found a vacation rental that looked great, good deals on plane fare and we decided to do it!  Oh, and we also decided it would be great if we could share this time with Grammy and Grandpa HB and Grammie Lowe, so we invited them to join in the fun!  After months of waiting, the day finally came!

Now, backing up a bit.  Traveling with a family is definitely a different experience from traveling as a couple, so to start things out, we didn't talk about our vacation very much before we left.  Kids don't always understand time, just try reasoning with a three year old about waiting three months...nope, it just doesn't work.  So other than a few discussions with the grandparents, we pretty much didn't worry or think about things until it was pretty close to the time we would be leaving.  Because of this, I have to say, I was so excited and surprised when it was finally time for us to head to the airport!  The night before, all the suitcases were packed, the house was cleaned (I can't stand coming home from a vacation to a messy house!!), the boys were bathed and in bed and we were ready!

Our airport experience was great!  The boys were so excited to get on another plane!  J kept Grandpa busy pointing to the planes out on the tarmac and then there were laps completed on the moving sidewalks!

Can't you just see the excitement in The Big Guy Lowe's eyes to get on the plane?  How could we not be excited for a 5.5 hour flight?  Hmmm, there might have been some anxiety involved, but we were excited too!
Originally we had planned on everyone sitting together during the flight.  The day of travel Grammie Lowe decided that flying in First Class would make the flight easier on her physically (rough life, eh?) and somehow Grammy and Grandpa HB's seats had been changed to the other side of the plane (interesting).  That left The Big Guy Lowe and I alone in our travels across the Pacific.  There was good reason for a little anxiety to be in those crystal blue eyes of the man I love! 

Still, we had two large carry-on bags filled with treats and many activities (thanks for all your work ahead of time mom!!).  We were optimistic as we sat on the plane!!
 
Our seating arraingment actually turned out to be The Big Guy Lowe sitting with D, G had a row to himself when Grammie Lowe went to first class, and I sat with J.  We were all buckled into our seats and the plane took off!  We were on our way!

I can't express my great gratitude for how well the boys each did on that long flight!  They were amazing!  Now, it's true, The Big Guy Lowe and I weren't sleeping or watching movies at our leisure, we were playing with our boys and helping them stay occupied...and it worked so well!  Whew!

After locating our luggage, picking up ou rental cars, and making a stop at Costco for some food, we were on our way to our vacation home in Kailua.

The house was beautiful!  I simply loved the pineapple chandelier in the foyer!  Does that not tastfully say Aloha on entry??
 
A view into the kitchen while standing on the stairs.
A view standing at the kitchen island looking out onto the lanai and pool.
Looking back inside from the lanai.  Both The Big Guy Lowe and I are in this shot!
For more photos or info on the house you can check out the listing by clicking HERE.

After quickly getting everyone situated into their rooms, we had to try out the pool!  Notice the clothes hanging up in the background?  Yep, our boys just couldn't wait to get their suits on before testing out the water!  Hey, we're on vacation!
After much fun in the pool and a tasty dinner we took a stroll over to the beach.  It was a bit dark by that point and unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me.  The moon was one day past full and it was breathtaking as it shown over the ocean and beach.

What a wonderful first day in paradise!

No comments: