Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sushi anyone?

The Big Guy Lowe and I LOVE sushi.

We often grab a quick bite before or after attending the Temple because a Sushi Track is the fastest way to get food and get out with something we like.  Now, when there's more time, the Portland City Grill has a sushi master that is often "in the house" as they remind whenever frequenting their establishment.  (Random note, they have a new Rack of Lamb that The Big Guy Lowe tried a few weeks ago and loved!  Happy days!)

Today, we were in the mood for sushi.

In preparation for our feast, we stopped at Burger King and bought Kid's meals for our boys.  They finished them by the time we headed out to eat.

To our surprise, each of the boys commented that they were still hungry...and wanted to try some sushi too.  We were willing, so they started looking...
                                              
Our oldest, and arguably our most particular eater spied a plate that he wanted to try.  He picked it up off the track, when it came by, and eagerly tasted it. 
                                                
The Big Guy Lowe and I were in silent shock as we watched him eat his first roll and comment "It's good, what's in it?"  When I explained that it had crab, rice and seaweed in it, I was again surprised when he commented "Cool!  I'm eating crab!  I didn't know that!"  What you can't tell is how fast I whipped out my camera to commemorate this moment!  Our oldest has tried sushi before, but without the gusto displayed today. 
Way to go!!!!!  He basically finished his plate and was happy the entire time doing it.

Next was our middle son. 
Unfortunately, he took a HUGE first bite--something that is easy to do with sushi.  He could barely close his mouth. 
He made the motion that he wasn't going to be able to eat it, so The Big Guy Lowe pointed to an empty plate.  That was the last roll our middle son tried.
Our youngest son was not to be outdone on this trip.  He also ate plenty of fish--with the help of Pepperidge Farm.  ;)
One step at a time...

1 comment:

Shea said...

your boys are braver than me --yuck for sushi! :)
I was glad to see you post--it's been a while since I've seen what your cute family has been up to.