YES, a day at the creek--the first time this year!!! Oh the joy!
I know, I know. If anyone looked at our lives through last summer, they would find the creek occupied many of those days. But really, when you are a mom of active kids, let alone boys, creeks provide the best fun around.
Today was no exception!
On the way to the creek, The Big Guy Lowe saw a beautiful magnolia tree in bloom.
Look at that handsome man! Just makes my heart race!
But before we could head to the creek, we had a planned detour over to the pond. Oh that wonderful pond! Everyone was excited, but none as excited as our natural explorer! Without any hesitation he was out in the middle of the pond like he had just been there the day before. I love that.
Almost immediately our oldest son had already caught his first salamander of the season. I'm sure it didn't know what hit it! Notice that he is right in the middle of the pond now--who needs a stinking log!
This three year old does! And he is happy with it--and so am I!
But not everyone remained happy with the outing...
What's the rule, if more than half of the kids are crying that's when you head home? We only had one crying, so it was still a good day!
Once the critters were brought over for inspection the tears seemed to go away. I guess frogs can have that affect on some. :)
And don't forget the salamanders!! Instant happiness for our boy!
And the Big Guy Lowe was having a good time too...he kept saying the salamanders were "so cute."
But alas, we still had our creek to explore! So following the guidelines adhered to on all Lowe family adventures, we catch and then we release! 12 salamanders and one frog were the catch of the day...it was a good day at the pond!
Now, on to the creek!










No comments:
Post a Comment