Thursday, April 1, 2010

A break in the rain...

This spring break has been, well, wet. 

There has been so much rain that we haven't had many trips outside to play.  It's been a bit of a bummer, but we have found other things that have kept us busy.  We did plan a visit to the Crumb Crunchers on Thursday afternoon and looked forward to not only playing with them, but meeting up with some new friends to play with too.  We were hoping to play outside.

Rain.  More rain.

Then a break in the rain.  Sunshine breaking through...yes!  The two older boys and I headed over while I left our youngest son to finish his nap while The Big Guy Lowe was home.

Glorious outside!  The boys always love playing at the Crumb Crunchers' house and yard.  Truly the perfect yard for children!  We're so glad they invite us to play!!

One cute and fun surprise came as we saw their bunnies running around outside!  The boys spent most of the time trying to locate and catch the bunnies...while not scaring them.  Hmmm.  Not quite sure if we accomplished the absence of fear in those soft, nose-twitching creatures, but they sure were cute!

Our oldest was able to hold one first.  I can't tell if this is Bam-Bam or Pebbles?
To our middle son's great delight, his older brother let him hold a bunny!
Do you remember that I mentioned earlier that new friends would be playing with us this visit?  Here is one of our new friends.  I had to include these pictures because our Big D's expressions/body language. 
What do you think was going through his mind?
I'm just fine with him keeping his distance from girls for many years to come...even if this one is a cutie!

No comments: