Friday, May 1, 2009

My Angel



Often the days and weeks fly by without taking the opportunity to step back and look at all the wonderful blessings the Lord has provided for me throughout my life. I have a wonderful life which I get to share with my cute little family. I have an amazing career which has blessed me with much success and free time where I am able to watch my boys grow up. I have a beautiful home, a family that is blessed with health, 3 boys that brings smiles and tears at times to my face, parents and grandparents that are close and who we love dearly. I have food to eat and clean clothes to wear and I belong to a wonderful ward, where I am able to serve my fellow men. But the greatest blessing the Lord has seen fit to bless me with, my most cherished treasure of all, is my best friend, my wife, the Lowe Girl.
I cannot explain nor can words alone portray fully how much she means to me. Every time I pray, I give thanks for her in my life. How she is my world and when times get weary or seem to get out of control all I have to do is look at her and I know all will be good. When we embrace her smell always puts a smile on my face, and her voice is the soothing constant in my busy days. Just knowing she is by me provides comfort and joy. I feel guilty at times because I only want to spend time with her, I hate being away from her even on the days I work from home and I am just down the hall in my office. She is an amazing mother, perfection has not come yet (thank goodness, I don't want to lose her), but I cannot think of anyone else I would want raising my boys. She loves them more than they will ever know and I love watching her with them. How she smothers them with her kisses and hugs when they wake from sleep. How her face lights up when they call her name, how she glows when she shares with me the happenings of the days' events and even how at times she feels inadequate and lost. Those are the times when I love her the most, because she is a great example to me. At those times instead of raising her hands and professing she gives up, she walks away to find a quiet place and in doing so bows her head and turns to her Heavenly Father in prayer, asking for guidance, direction and strength. She makes me want to be better, because of her influence, her example, her support and most of all her love I am the man I am today. Without her I would not even be half that man.
In the days that seem the most monotonous, I am so grateful she is my eternal companion and partner and that we are blessed to travel this road together, though at times she must feel she does it herself, while I am out providing for our family. I am ever so humbled and so thankful, standing with open arms of grattitude, stripped of all my armor, and upon bended knee offer my thanks to you, my most ever cherished friend and treasure, my Angel. Thank you for being the mother of my boys, my wife, my partner, my lover, and my best friend.
Angel, I love you.
Forever your boy. (Big Guy Lowe)

4 comments:

Shea said...

angela, what a sweet post from your husband! you are a wonderful wife and mom. hope you're doing well!

kristenhcubed said...

Big Guy Lowe, that is one of the sweetest things I have ever read! As one who also treasures your dear lady I'd like to add a ditto to this:

"She makes me want to be better, because of her influence, her example, her support and most of all her love."

I couldn't have said it better myself. Love you both!

Emu Monkey said...

Very Sweet! I don't think Mark even knows how to log onto our blog.

RoMo said...

Aw, that's sweet.