I digress, back to routines.
One routine that has become a favorite mid-day activity of ours is visiting our good friend Sue, her husband and their cat.

I'm glad that they like our visits, because I think it would be hard to break the boys of this routine. This is generally how it goes...
The little boys and I head to the bus stop to pick up their big brother from Kindergarten. As we walk to the bus stop, our 2 1/2 year old starts asking to go to Sue's house; our neighbor who lives across the street from us. I reassure him that we will stop by after we get his brother off the bus. He acquiesces and we continue. After being reunited with our 6 year old, we talk and walk until we get about a block away from our home.
Then the competition begins.
Our middle son starts running as he wants to get to Sue's house first. That doesn't last long as our oldest son is very competitive and has longer legs.

They turn the corner and keep running.

Sue has become so well acquainted with our family visits that she has the door ready and welcomes the boys in, leaving the door open for me as I am usually a bit behind them.

Once inside, the boys head over to their cat.

Sometimes we have to ask the boys to remember that the cat needs space to breathe too!

Sue has nicely reassured me that their cat would leave if he didn't like the attention. But sometimes I think I hear a sigh of relief as the boys begin to leave...

Then there is the excitement of "Mystery Days"; special days that Sue chooses to share fun things with the boys such as animal crackers, Hot Wheels cars, puzzles. One day she even gave them each a Sacagawea dollar. Our middle son was so excited about getting a "penny" that he has chosen to ask for them as often as he thinks of them--Sorry Sue! We're trying to teach them how to be polite!!
Thank you Sue for letting us be a part of your day and for being such a wonderful friend and neighbor! We love you and are so happy that we get to be your neighbor!!










1 comment:
Angela!!!!! We were just talking about you guys the other day (all VERY good!) and you have been on my mind of and on for the last couple of days. I am so thankful that you took time to post on our silly blog! I was actually wondering how to get in touch with you. We did have such good times, and we need to stay in touch. Tim has submitted his papers and awaits his interview with the Stake President! Nichole graduates this year. There is so much going on. I will try to keep my blog up to date, but contact me as much as you wish hunt6461@msn.com Love you! Robin
Post a Comment