He's a great coach, and the team was so disappointed when he determined that he wouldn't be able to take that much time out of his other responsibilities. While he's been extremely busy in all areas of his life, he has tried to maintain his relationship with the team.
After the wonderful day of Lacrosse yesterday, The Big Guy Lowe was ecstatic when he found out King's Way had a home game that night!! We knew what we were doing as a family!
I wish I would have taken more pictures. It was the cutest thing watching each of the boys walk up to the game holding their sticks. J even had his little stick! We brought warm blankets and were bundled up. I brought secret treats just in case the younger boys started to lose interest before the game ended.
We found our seats and immediately The Big Guy Lowe went to talk with some parents that he knew. They immediately made room for him and started catching up. It made me so happy to see him amongst all the families. He is such a great coach and an even better example. No, he's not perfect, but he is wonderful and I love him dearly!
It was getting dark pretty fast, but I tried to get a picture of him when he took J across the field to talk with the current head coach and team.
After being stopped by more parents and some returning players that he had coached, he spent the remainder of the game sharing the ins and outs of the game with G, who loved every minute of it!

Unfortunately, King's Way lost that game, but I don't think that either The Big Guy Lowe or G could have been any happier! G decided that he really wants to play lacrosse and The Big Guy Lowe can't wait to coach him!












No comments:
Post a Comment