We started out the day with our traditional birthday-breakfast festivities; a sugar cereal and fun drink!
Later in the day we had family and friends come over for the party! J currently loves all things that have wheels. I had been planning on making some sort of car-themed cake. While browsing online, I asked J to show me cakes he liked. I happened to come across these cupcakes and he loved them! Because they weren't car-themed I thought he would forget them, but he continued asking for them. So cute!!
This is what J saw and loved!
And this is what I was able to produce...
in large numbers!
Did you catch that there was an adult cake in there too? Couldn't help but make one of our favorite vanilla caramel bundt cakes too. :)
After a yummy dinner, it was time for cake! A little cajoling brought out the beginning of a smile. :)
Then time to blow out the candles.
After everyone had their fill of cake it was time to start with presents!
This was the first year that J understood what to do with those nicely wrapped packages and bags!
As a "thank you", J gave hugs. They were quick, so I didn't catch them all, but I tried! So cute!
Hugging G.
Hugging D!
Having fun with Daddy as he read Grammie Lowe's card outloud. Where are pictures of the hugs Grammie received?? Thank you Grammie Lowe!!
Hugging cousins Amanda and Ethan and...
Ivy!
Listening to a card that played a fun song about fish from Grammy and Grandpa HB.
Hugs to Grammy HB
and Grandpa. Uncle Jonathan was visiting from AZ and we loved having him there too!!
More fun with toys! Obviously the photographer didn't do a great job getting lots of shots because we don't have any pictures of Sue and Gary here either! Sorry! We just documented the present they gave that has been a HUGE hit!

Last toy and a happy boy!
We had a wonderful day. We love our new 3-year-old. We're so grateful we are blessed to have J in our family! Love you sweetheart!



























No comments:
Post a Comment