Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Parable of the Ten Virgins

What an opportunity.

I'm so grateful I was able to be a part of this...even if it did push me way past my comfort zone. 

Early in October I was asked to participate in The Ten Virgins; A Musical Parable.  The parable is originally found in the Book of Matthew in the Bible and explains the importance of  personally preparing for the coming of the Lord.  While familiar with the parable, my first reaction was to kindly refuse with a valid excuse.  The problem was, two of my friends were in charge of the production, and I understand how difficult it can be to have people participate in activities such as this.  I succumbed and agreed to participate. 

It didn't seem real at the time that I would be singing, on my own, on a stage, in front of people.  I hadn't thought about the fact that we would be performing in just over a month which meant we would need to have practices at least twice a week and I would need to memorize spoken lines as well as complete songs.  I also didn't realize how much I would come to love and respect the other women that I would be performing with.  I didn't expect the music to touch me so deeply and provide reassuring, spiritual times for me and my boys as we listened and sang to the soundtrack while driving in the car.  Sometimes, taking that step outside of our comfort zone is the exact thing we need to do...and I am so grateful I had the opportunity and took the chance.

Both my parents as well as my mother-in-law were able to attend.  Even though The Big Guy Lowe had a meeting that very evening, he made the effort to arrive as early as he could and was able to watch the last half of the performance.  I am so grateful for all their love and support.  These are a few pictures my dad was able to take that night.  I'm fourth from the right.  :)
Love these girls!
So grateful for true principles, opportunities to grow, and the blessings that come from each.

1 comment:

Mari said...

Oh someone took pictures yay! The stage looked pretty good, I was wondering what the view from below was like. Thanks for posting these! And you were wonderful that night :)