We had tried having a dog previously, and even though Apollo was a wonderful Doberman it just didn't work out. (Cute picture of G when he was 3 years old.)
Apollo is now loving life with a dog trainer that has another Doberman and two Rotweilers living on 5 acres!
Yep, we had just decided that pets weren't for us. Then, somehow, things began to change. I think the beginning of this change came this past Christmas when we decided to get fish--harmless fish.
But it didn't stop there. Nope.
This past week we stopped by to see some good friends that we hadn't seen all summer. Without knowing, we were walking on a slippery slope. We soon found out that their cat had kittens; 5 of them, about 8 weeks old. Yep.
I was strong. I resisted the temptation of holding too closely those furry little bundles, but The Big Guy Lowe went down hard! There was one in particular that he kept carrying around...do you see where this is going? The boys were also hopelessly in love with the kittens. (Really, who couldn't be. At that age they are so dang cute!) We did leave that night without a kitten, but after a small amount of discussion we were back four days later to pick up our own wee bundle of purring love.
Kristen was actually pretty attached to this little guy. He is just so good natured and calm. Thanks for letting him come to our home!!
We stopped at PetSmart that night and picked up the supplies and then took the little guy home.
The boys love the little guy, oh, and we even have named him Kipper!
And look at those beautiful markings!
Yep, so I guess we have a "real" pet now...and we're pretty happy about it!
I'm not even thinking of what might happen in the next year, but I will be very careful when we go visit friends that we haven't seen in a long time.
Okay, so we all love the little guy!!!

















No comments:
Post a Comment