It doesn't look this way anymore, but I'm getting ahead of myself! Let me start over.
We've really enjoyed our home during the past three years that we've lived here. We've made changes here and there, landscaping outside and tons of work on the inside, but we finally decided it was time for us to get the house painted. Did I mention that we've never really liked the body color? The brick is nice, but the body color is a dull beige that sometimes seems to have a pink undertone. Yuck!
The Big Guy Lowe and I started looking at colors around the beginning of summer. Talk about HARD! We felt that we finally chose the right colors, so it was time to begin. GULP!
We decided to have my brother, Michael, take charge of painting the house and he decided to bring along his "lackey"...more commonly known as our dad! It cracked me up to hear my brother and Dad joke around with eachother the entire time they were over. I love my family so much--both the family I have now and the family I came from. I have been greatly blessed. Thanks Mom and Dad.
Before the paint could be applied, the house had to be power-washed and prepped.
Some wood needed to be replaced.
The windows needed to be covered.
The pergola needed to be repaired...
all the way across.
Only then could the painting begin! We held our breath until we were sure it was the right color.
Then the trim, the accent color and the pergola were painted.
Until we had our final product! Before I unveil the house, let's take another real quick look at what it used to look like...
and what it looks like now.
We LOVE it! Thanks Michael and Dad for all your hard work. It was great having you here and your craftsmanship is excellent! We'll let you know when we have another project. hehe ;)




















3 comments:
That looks great! It was worth it I hope.
Love it!
I'm so sorry that it has taken me so long to get around to saying...NicE! Much improved.
Post a Comment