Monday, January 18, 2010

First day of the year on bikes at the park

Oh beautiful sunshine!

I really shouldn't complain as this year has been quite mild as far as rain goes, but boy, when the sun does come out I just feel like shouting loud and happy!  So, to celebrate, we decided to head to the school with some bikes and a few balls to see what we could make of the day!

While our oldest is an 'old pro' at the two-wheeler...
Our second son is just getting the hang of it, and needs a little help now and then.
He did a pretty good job for the first time riding his bike this year!
Once we arrived at the school yard, we brought out the basketball and shot some hoops.
Our oldest getting a high-5 after making a shot!
Our youngest was not to be out-done though, and found the soccer ball to run around with.
After some time on the court, we headed to the playground.

While this may not look like a huge accomplishment, I just cheered our little guy on.  This was the first time he was able to climb up the stairs without our help.  He was so happy!  He's grown a lot since last year!!
YEA for Progress!!!!
After playing for awhile here, we headed over to the field to try our hand at playing kick-ball for the first time as a family!

(On our way there a few planes were pointed out)
(What can I say, I think my kids are cute!)
Now to Kickball!
 We laughed.  We cried!  What a game!
After something that exciting, the only thing to do was
Swing!
Swinging always makes things better!
Can you see my smile as I'm writing this?  :)

No comments: