Saturday, January 30, 2010

A bit of a blur...

January seems to be somewhat fuzzy when I look back on it.  Back in November I had some doctor's visits that caused a bit of a stir in my life.  January was the continuation of that stir.

A surgeon needed to be found and The Big Guy Lowe and I were actively looking for the right doctor.  It was so interesting...we had spoken with many good doctors, but when we met Dr. Lee we knew he was the one.  Timing of surgery dates worked out perfectly and all of a sudden it was the day.

Yes, I was nervous, but I was also confident that all would be well.

Grammy HB was over at our home early in the morning so we could leave by 7AM.  I had just told the boys that I had a doctor appointment that morning and that daddy would be going with me.  I didn't want them worrying about me throughout the day...especially our oldest who is very aware.

All went well with the surgery.  I was pretty sick after and don't remember most of that day.  I slept alot and did my best to follow the doctor's recommendations.  The Big Guy Lowe was the most wonderful and helpful sweetheart I could have ever wished for.  He helped me with everything as I was pretty helpless for a few days and then needed regular help throughout the next few weeks.  I love you babe.  I hope you know how incredibly dear you are to me...my love.

We had wonderful friends that brought over meals and even desserts!! (Pineapple upside-down cake, oh my!)  My mom brought meals over that would be easy to take out of the freezer and both Grammy HB and Grammie Lowe have been wonderful about watching the kids as we have had many check-ups since the surgery.

So the rest of January?  Yes, it's a blur.  A blur of doctor's appointments, help from my greatest love, and support and love from wonderful friends and family. 

Thank you all.

No comments: