Monday, August 3, 2009

More Lowes at the creek

We were pleasantly surprised this week when Aunt Christina arrived in town. We decided to have our Family Home Evening(FHE*) activity down at the creek. The boys were thrilled to have Grammie Lowe and Aunt Christina there to share in the fun!



In celebration of our new "creek guests", the Big Guy Lowe and our oldest son caught 11 live crawdads--a new creek record(for us, that is)!! I specify catching live crawdads because the unfortunate dead crustaceans don't offer much of a challenge!

I would love to know what our second son was thinking when these pictures were taken. This was the first time he ever held a crawdad by himself!


After a nice time at the creek it was time to head home. Our youngest lead the way in style!


Once again, a wonderful time at the creek!

*For those of you not familiar with Family Home Evening(FHE), here's a brief explanation--We believe that families are extremely important! In our church we dedicate one night a week, generally monday night, where we focus on our family by sharing Christ centered mini-lessons and fun family activities--all with the goal of strengthening our family. I can remember having FHEs as a little girl growing up too!! I hope my kids will be able to say that when they are parents someday too...

No comments: