Enough of the economics of the fair and on to the fun!!
This being our second year going to the fair, we can officially say that stopping at the frozen lemonade stand first thing has become a tradition!

Then we are off to the animals. Our youngest was amazed at these huge creatures. Now, being from Wisconsin, lovingly known as America's Dairyland, you might think I know a thing or two about cows...and you would be mistaken.

We didn't spend much time with the animals though as our oldest seems to have an overly sensitive nose.

The next logical step was to the games!



Last year the Big Guy Lowe won one of these--with just one shot!

This year we were happy with a pint-size alligator and a banana-man! Go figure! After games, we headed to the rides! Our littlest guy took advantage of the ticket line for some snuggle time. He is proving to be wise in his use of time!

One of the first rides conquered by the Lowe family came in the form of The Zillerator! Does that strike fear into your hearts like it did to the heart of our oldest son? The Big Guy Lowe provided the consistent courage and reassurement for him while they stood in line. Even with that we weren't sure if he was actually going to get on.

He did! They boarded,

they rode,

they celebrated! You've just got to love what each of their "thumbs up" communicated after they finished the ride! Our oldest actually did say that he had fun on the ride...a few rides later.
Next, our middle son and I got to ride the swings! Yahoo!!


After another ride,

and another ride,

and yet another ride,

we decided it was time for some fair food! Both the Big Guy Lowe and I were excited about these tasty morsels of goodness that can only be had at a fair. If you look closely at that handsome man's face you might see what we actually thought after eating...hmmmm.

Our last hurrah was stopping by the fresh fruit stand on our way back to the car and enjoying watermelon and mango all together!

While "boat-load of money" is no exaggeration, as a family we did have a great afternoon with lots of fun memories to laugh about and remember. So nice...










2 comments:
A, you're a thorough blogger. Way to be right there with the camera, documenting away.
You're a good sport. I ex-nayed the fair this year because of the cost. I think Justin dropped $5 in 30 seconds last year playing some ring toss game. I just can't stomach the cost of the rides, and I figure we can go see animals at the zoo for free! so, maybe when our kids are older, until then I'm just the bah-humbug of the family!! ;) Looks like you guys had fun though.
Post a Comment