
First an explanation. Back in the summer of 2000 I was able to go to Europe with my mom to pick up my sister E at the end of her mission in Portugal. We had a wonderful trip that lasted a little over two weeks. The Big Guy Lowe is convinced that we were gone for at least a month though, probably longer! When I returned he showed me a meal that he created in my absence. The inspiration for this was the want of both a salad and a hamburger and fries for dinner. He began by making a salad, cooked up some hamburger and added fries. I have to admit I was sceptical, but after tasting his dish I was hooked! Fast forward many years to our home before our current location. We often had our good friends the Hunts over. We would make dinner, they would make incredible desserts and we would have a great time! We decided to make this dinner for them one time and that was the day it was named. After seeing what we were offering, they said it looked like a "Scary Dinner". It does! The name stuck and from that day forward we have called it the scary dinner.
We had the missionaries over for dinner last night and we made this masterpiece for them. I decided to snap some pictures for posterity. :)
A basic salad consisting of romain lettuce, chopped roma tomatoes, green onions, carrots, avocado and anything else that strikes your fancy that day!

I make my own seasoned, oven-baked fries and season the ground beef with Cholula original and a few other seasonings. Then it all goes in the pool together! The final step is to add a combination of ranch and bleu cheese dressing. Looks scary, but rather tasty too!










3 comments:
Alright, I'm in. As soon as I finish this horrible diet I want to try that! Everything is better with ranch on it!
MMMmmmm....this makes me hungry. Thanks for sharing:)
Oh, how we miss our fun dinners with the Lowes! ESPECIALLY Scary Dinner!
Post a Comment