Wednesday, April 15, 2009

How happy are Happy Meals? Just ask me!

Today was one of those days.

How did I achieve those calming moments of peace?

It ended up not being that hard to do. In fact, the idea came to me with such clarity that I knew tonight was going to be a good night. I knew I would have that extra help just before getting the boys into the bath and then to bed. At that moment I had hope that all would be well.

Happy Meals.
All I had to do was pack my kids into the car and drive to our closest McDonald's for Happy Meals. Ahhh, I'm still basking in the peace of those precious moments. For any of you nae sayers out there--a little background into our day...

Late last night our youngest was running a HIGH temperature. Nothing more, gratefully, he's just been extremely miserable throughout this entire day. He woke up in the early morning hours very unhappy and has had a rough day. I made one of those calls to the pediatrician's office to see what recommendations they had for 105 degree fever in a one year old. I was told to control with the regular medications and if that didn't get the fever under 102 to call back after a sufficient amount of time. It worked and we have been fine for the most part, miserable, but fine. To add to our day, the Big Guy Lowe had an early morning flight to CA with a full day of work followed by a late flight back tonight. Gratefully it is just today, but today has seemed extremely long. With our youngest being sick, the boys and I haven't had any of our normal outings and I have been pretty wrapped up trying to soothe our little guy--resulting in not much playing with our other boys. Basically, a bummer day for everyone. Really.

But, a drive-thru keeps germs from spreading to others outside of our family--I'm responsible. It gives us some time outside the walls of our home--I'm adventurous! It makes it possible for the boys eat yummy(?) food that they generally don't get--I'm fun! I am saved from trying to make dinner holding/soothing a sick child--I'm relieved! And I get those precious moments of much needed blissful silence--I'm rejuvenated to lovingly finish our evening.

Thank you McDonalds. Let me tell you, while I may not say "Super-size me", those happy meals had to taste best to me, and I didn't eat a bite! This was a good ending for us tonight. Ahhhhhh. Sometimes silence is priceless.


And really, could anything this happy not be completely good for you?

1 comment:

Shea said...

105 deg fever--that's no fun!! I'm glad the Happy Meals helped :)