Sunday, April 5, 2009

Happy Birthday to the Youngest of the Little Guy Lowes!

It's happened!! He's a big one-year-old! I'm not quite sure how this year went by so fast, but we are so happy that we have our third little guy Lowe!

Happy 1st Birthday!


After a big dinner of Grilled Burgers and Hotdogs with all the toppings, it was on to the cake!! Just a little background, the cake is a combination of Lowe & Hornberger family traditions. The 4 layered cake with whipped cream frosting and animal crackers for the 1 year old to pick off and eat! (Have you picked up that I like traditions??)

Here he's inspecting his first piece of cake, but don't let this picture fool you. He didn't eat any of it. After a bit, I decided to take the cake away and see what he would do if I just put some pieces of unfrosted cupcake in front of him. That did the trick! I wasn't surprised by his reluctance to eat his own birthday cake--neither of his brothers would touch their first cakes either and if the truth be known, my favorite way to eat cake is warm from the oven without frosting too! A tradition in the making? Noooo, it's too fun to decorate cakes the older they get!

After the food was finished we moved the fun outside where the cousins had races and games. Jamis had a backyard-side seat to watch the fun while he finished eating!
How fast can you do the crab walk?
Then we headed back inside for presents.

Thank you to our friends and family that helped us celebrate such a wonderful day!!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Are you serious? I remember sitting at your table talking Primary stuff and you saying you had time to finish something we were working on....and then before I knew it, he was here!! Was that really a year ago??? Wow, I've been in Primary too long!
Looks like you had a blast, and I am with you on the warm cake out of the oven! My favorite!

Dalynn said...

I canNOT beleive that he is 1 already! So happy to have found you. LOVE your short haircut. Happy to see your family is doing so well.

Shea said...

happy birthday baby lowe!
p.s. your hair is so cute, angela!