Saturday, March 7, 2009

Good bye

Am I really becoming one of "Those" moms? I just did something that puts me in a new category of moms, and I'm finding a mix of feelings about this.

Not that I have that long to ponder this as my boys are almost arguing with eachother, and thoughts of making dinner are entering my mind (have I mentioned that I really dislike deciding what to make for dinner??), laundry is being washed while other clothes need to be folded, final preparations are being formulated so that our "Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday" activities will be completed so we can have an enjoyable Sabbath, etc...

I'd better get to the point. I have just given away all our baby clothes that are 12 mos and smaller. No more onsies that look doll-size. No more adorable one-piece outfits that fit little bodies so well and are easy to use. No more hats to keep a newborn's head warm.

I really am okay with all of this, mostly.

What would I have thought if I could have seen a picture of this day seven years ago, as doctors were convinced we would never be able to conceive a child? I am now the mother of three boys! We never do know what is in store for us in this life, we can only have the faith to keep pressing forward (verse 20), knowing that the Lord is aware of us and has things under control--even if those results may not be what we would choose at that time. Our Heavenly Father knows the experiences, good and hard, that will help us be the best children of His that we can be. I know that's true.

I know that's true.

So as I say good-bye to my life as a mom of an infant, I look forward to my life as a mom of little boys and then onward from there.

The couple that received the clothes are expecting their first child--a boy. How excited I am for them as they become parents of an infant...

2 comments:

Shea said...

I remember when you told me you couldn't have any kids, and not too long later came cute little Gavin. Now, you have 3 handsome boys. Wow, how much things have changed for both of us in the last 5+ years!

kristenhcubed said...

I sent a box of baby stuff to my sister today. Thanks for narrating it for me. Saves me the time of having to blog it myself.

Moving on...