Saturday, June 4, 2011

Father and Sons CAMPOUT

So maybe there were other people that were surprised to hear last Sunday that the following Friday night would be our congregation's annual Father and Sons Campout. 

I was surprised.

The Big Guy Lowe was sitting on the stand when the announcement was made and our eyes caught.  My eyes were big as he was nodding his head in a way that said "Yes, I'm going with the boys!"  I then made a motion to each of our three boys with a questioning look on my face, just to have The Big Guy Lowe respond with a big smile and a slight nod. 

HOLY COW!!  The Big Guy Lowe was going to take all of our boys on the Father and Sons Campout!  I couldn't help buy chuckle a bit to myself.  I had no doubt that it would be a great time, but with greatness often comes endurance.  :)

Last night as I was sitting home alone, reading a book, I received a text from my Favorite Man in the whole world!  As he shared about the mammoth nose-bleed our oldest had, the mud everywhere, and the exhaustion our boys were already experiencing while it was nowhere near time for everyone to get to bed, I experienced a pang of loneliness.  I knew the boys were having a great time with their Dad, I just missed being able to share that time with them. 

I'm sure I went to be before they did.  I'm positive I slept a bit more comfortably than they did as I heard stories of the younger boys moving all around the tent throughout the night.  And I couldn't have been happier to hear the garage door open and know I was just seconds away from big hugs and kisses...and some stories that I was sure would make me laugh.  They had a great time!  Congrats Babe!  You did it!!

Setting up camp!  Did I mention that we had perfect weather for a campout that weekend??  Not usual for our neck of the woods.
J had to test out the inside of the tent.  He LOVED it!
Everything set up with some time to relax before more fun and games.
Nice looking camp!
I'm so grateful for a husband who loves me and loves his boys too.

You are wonderful Babe.  I'm so grateful I get to share this eternal experience with you. 
Love you completely.

No comments: