Some days seem to fly by while others drag on and on. The same seems to happen with weeks, months and years...and then somehow, you take the chance to look back at what you've experienced, what you've accomplished and produced, and you wonder how so much could have happened in such a short time..
11 years.
December 30th 1998 The Big Guy Lowe and I were married for time and all eternity in the Portland, OR Temple. We laugh as we look back at our wedding preparations. We had both recently returned from serving full-time missions for our church; The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I was finishing school at BYU and The Big Guy Lowe was enjoying a bit of time with his family. Within a month and a half of The Big Guy Lowe returning from Holland we were married. Amazing.
Was our marriage a fairy tale story? Not at all. We had a lot to learn about eachother as we hadn't spent that much time together. Long distance relationships are wonderful in some aspects, but are lacking in others! We did have a lot of work ahead of us, to make our relationship the loving, respectful, fun companionship that it is today. I'm so grateful we chose to work at it. We have been so greaty blessed because of it. We truly are best friends. We choose to spend time together as often as possible. We love eachother dearly and are still in love with eachother. We have learned how to work together, as a team, making us stronger because of it. Do we still have our challenges? Of course, but together we can overcome them--together. I love you babe. I feel the love you have for me, for our children. I see how hard you work so that we are well taken care of. I am humbled by the faith you live your life by. I thank my Heavenly Father daily for the blessing you are to me. I love you.
To celebrate the years we have shared together we make sure to set aside special time for just the two of us. This year our overnight in the city was wonderful!
We started by bringing flowers to each of our mothers and thanking them for all they did 11 years ago to help make it possible for us to be married. Back then, the thought never crossed our minds about the challenges a family would have to face planning and attending a wedding so soon after Christmas. We're grateful!
Grammy HB then came over with the gift of watching our boys so we could celebrate. Thank you for loving our boys so much mom, and for loving us too!
The Big Guy Lowe and I then headed out! First on our agenda was getting lunch! We have been wanting to try a new Thai restaurant. We had heard this place was extremely authentic--not serving many of the regular dishes that people in the states are familiar with. Pok pok was AMAZING!!!
You just have to love the shots you take of yourself!
But the food...let me show you the food! These are the spicy fish sauce wings. Not what you expect at all--and so good!
The green papaya salad was spicy and delicious, and the satay were wonderful too.
After eating, we went to look at some cars. For some reason, The Big Guy Lowe seems to think it would be fun to have new cars--but he always thinks that. Good thing I'm the voice of reason. It doesn't mean we don't have fun looking. You just never know when the right car will actually speak to you!
So we headed to the Audi dealership to look at an S5 (the Big Guy Lowe actually wants the rs5, but Audi won't say when they will be available in the States yet)
and for me we looked at the q7.
Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed with the q7's space inside. In order for me to change from my XC90, I'm going to have to see greater space inside without moving to a standard size SUV or minivan. At least that's what I'm saying right now. I will say that the s5 sounded beautiful though!
After looking at cars we headed to our hotel to check in. We stayed at the NINES and loved it!
It's always fun trying out new hotels, and this one was great from the Club level, location, decor, right down to the heavenly bed.
Nice.
We had dinner at Russel Street Bar-B-Que where the pulled pork sandwiches are amazing! And followed that up with our favorite bread pudding at the Portland City Grill.
After dinner we enjoyed the rest of the evening together. The views from our hotel were amazing.
Right on to Pioneer Square--their Christmas tree was beautiful!
And interestingly, we could see across to the hotel we stayed at 11 years earlier.
We have been greatly blessed these past 11 years. I love you babe.
Happy anniversary.















No comments:
Post a Comment