Okay, now that I have released some of my excitement I will explain the reason for my excited bliss. Our middle son is now wearing big boy underwear everyday!!!! Yes, you read that correct!!! YAHOO!! YIPEE!! Opps, there I go again. I am just so happy!
Last week we decided to go to the store and let him pick out some big boy underwear so that he could have something to begin encouraging him to use the potty on a more regular basis. For a short while he had been using the potty every once in awhile, but not regularly. I guess spiderman and Lightening McQueen have a way with convincing little boys to try a little harder! Once we returned home "Big D" asked to put his new big boy underwear on. I figured that it couldn't do any harm and decided to give him the opportunity. He didn't have one accident that day! Imagine my surprise, as well as the creeping hope that maybe, just maybe, we might be approaching the realm of another diaperless boy. Well, in the past week there have been a few accidents, some my own fault, but other than that Big D has done great!! Our biggest hurdle was overcome last night though. For lack of a better term, #2 finally ended up in the potty on purpose!! YAHOO!!! YIPEE!!! I felt like I had spent the majority of the day in the bathroom as Big D needed to go, but alas, the fear of #2 appeared to be winning...until the evening. Big D was so happy, he said that he wasn't scared and that it didn't hurt and that he heard the water splash!! Oh these details will be relished when Big D is in his teens. We are so happy for our son and for our garbage that has already noticeably decreased this past week.
Now we just need to work on the proper way to wear the big boy underwear...or is it okay now to tuck shirts into them? ;)
Congrats Big D!! We love you and knew you could do it!!!!












3 comments:
Yaaayyyyy! I am rejoicing with you!!
Congrats!! That is the best feeling ever!!! Celebration!! :)
Grrrrr. Not. Jealous. At. All. Grrrr. The conversation I had with my 3 yr old today???? "Hey, James let's put on your big boy Cars diapers!" "NOOOO, white diapers!" NOt only won't he wear underwear, he won't even wear pull-ups!! he had to have plain old white diapers. like I said. Grrrr. Congrats to you though! Pass your good luck along. ;)
Post a Comment